top of page



Reverend Carl L. George was born in Mt. Pleasant, Texas to Reverend Louie B. George and Mrs. Aberstine George.  He was raised in Texarkana, Texas and accepted Christ as his personal Savior at Oak Street Baptist Church in Texarkana, Texas. 

In 1986, he graduated from the University of Texas at Tyler with a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree.  His educational background has led to a broad range of experiences in the business field as a manager, financial advisor and entrepreneur.

On March 17, 1996, he surrendered to the call of ministry and continues to uplift the George legacy set by two brothers, his father, his great-grandfather and several uncles who are ministers. 

Reverend George has served as associate minister at New Generation Baptist Church and at the North Star Baptist Church, both in Tyler, Texas.  He has served as pastor of Powell Chapel Baptist Church in Winona, Texas, Lifeline Baptist Church in Tyler, Texas and Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church in Palestine, Texas.

Read more



Macedonia Baptist Church was organized in the early 1900’s. It was not recorded for records until January 1903. The first Church may have been located under an arbor. It was started by a concerned group of men and women who were Christians. Before the Church was started, men and women traveled to Redland for services. This traveling was hard because of the distance and the travel by wagons and horseback trying to get to God’s house. Someone had a dream to build a church. Out of that dream came the name, “Macedonia Baptist Church.” This church was born out of the County Line Baptist Church which is our mother Church.


In 1900 or 1902 land was purchased for the new church from William (Bill) and Eliza Jane Warf, which was one acre at the cost of $750.


The trustees were J.B. Thomas and Mark Wallace. It was recorded for official records on January 16, 1903. It was located north of the present location on Farm to Market Road 2010. It was near the home of the late Tom and Hattie Mae Banks, where it remained some twenty years. The church was on the first floor, the Masonic Hall on the second floor. The school was nearby and there was a store up the road, not far from the church building near Edgar Street.

Read More


bottom of page